Orange chicken is one of my favorites when I am eating out. This recipe for roasted orange chicken is a breeze to make and always comes out perfect. There are just a few ingredients, but in order to get the full impact of this recipe, use fresh ingredients (not dried).
If you don’t want to cook a whole chicken, feel free to use split chicken or chicken pieces. Just roast in a pan and adjust time to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked, but not dried out.
- 1 orange
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and grateed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3 – 3 1/2 pound chicken
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grate peel from orange. Chop leaves of half the bunch of cilantro. Combine orange peel, chopped cilantro, garlic, ginger, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Remove excess fat and giblets from chicken. Gently separate skin from breast and thighs of chicken. Place herb mixture underneath skin. Cut orange into eighths and coarsely chop remaining cilantro leaves. Stuff orange and cilantro into chicken cavity.
- Roast chicken 1 hour 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.