Colorful smoky roasted peppers with salty feta, bright lemon zest, and pepper-infused olive oil make this salad delicious. Serve stuffed in a grilled pita for a perfect light lunch or up front before a meal.
- 4 bell peppers – red, yellow, and/or orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash peppers and lay them in a baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil over the peppers and bake for about 35 minutes, until wilted and beginning to turn brown.
- Remove peppers from oven and cover with foil or a towel. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Carefully remove as much peel as you can from the peppers; discard. Some peel may be stubborn and remain – that’s ok. Remove the centers and seeds also.
- Cut peppers into 1-inch pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add parsley, feta, lemon zest, and the oil that the peppers cooked in.
- Toss and serve.
- Keeps refrigerated for about two days. I think the salad tastes best served closer to room temperature.