This recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Salad Cups is a healthy twist on the everyday chicken salad recipe. I love hummus and Greek yogurt and this recipe uses both of them in place of calorie laden mayonnaise. The hummus is creamy and offers great flavor and the yogurt delivers a delightful tang to this Mediterranean Chicken salad recipe. Served in lettuce cups this makes a great brunch item or ladies lunch menu option.
- 2 Cooked Chicken Breasts – cut up in bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hummus
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Lettuce cups – I use Boston Lettuce, but you could use iceberg lettuce
- Mix hummus with Greek yogurt and season with lemon juice to taste.
- Add minced shallot, and cut up chicken, crumbled feta, chopped tomato.
- Spoon into lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired