Scallops can be pretty pricey – especially the sea scallops, but they are worth every penny. This recipe calls for 1 lb of scallops. I like to use the sea scallops but you can use bay scallops (note they will cook quicker).
Seared Scallops with Backon in Lemon Butter Sauce – wow! The sauce itself makes this a great dish. You will definitely want to serve it with some bread to sop up all that deliciousness.
This can be served as a light appetizer or as an entree. This recipe will serve 3-4.
5 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 lb scallops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or more lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until cooked.
- Dry scallops with paper towels. Season with a very small amount of salt and pepper. (use small amount of salt, as you will be adding bacon which is already salty).
- Heat the large skillet until very hot, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and immediately add scallops. Sear on high heat, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of white wine (or more lemon juice).
- Scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of softened butter (not melted) to the lemon sauce, and stir, to create a creamy sauce. Add chopped bacon. Add back scallops. Top with chopped parsley
Source: Julia’s Album