This is a favorite at our regular Chinese restaurant. We order this almost every time we go out for Chinese food. With that in mind, I decided to learn to make it at home so that when we go out, we try new things.
This recipe for Sesame Chicken is great and hits the nail on the head when it comes to replicating our favorite restaurant’s version of Sesame Chicken.
Give it a try!
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Coat chicken with mixture of flour, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- In large skillet or slow-cooking pot with browning unit, brown chicken in oil.
- Add onion, celery, wine, bouillon cubes, and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Remove chicken to warm shallow dish.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into pot. Cook on high 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off; stir in sour cream; Pour sauce over chicken; serve hot. Makes 5 servings.