I love ginger! This Sesame Ginger Chicken is about THE easiest Asian meal I’ve ever prepared! Drop everything into your slow cooker or crock pot, walk away and come back to dinner! Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Mix together the soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, orange juice, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is fully cooked. Slice or shred.
Optional: If you’d like a thicker sauce, add the sauce from the slow cooker to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile combine 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp. cold water. Add to the boiling sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
If you want it crispy, spread the chicken on a baking sheet covered with foil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
Top with sesame seeds.