This recipe for Sesame Pasta Salad is a must try if you like sesame noodles. The addition of chicken makes this a heartier pasta salad and one fit to be served as a main entree. I have made this pasta salad with and without chicken and served it hot, room temperature and chilled. It is an easy recipe to make ahead and serve chilled.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 cup green onions (sliced)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook while stirring until they are lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook according to package direction until Al Dente. Drain pasta and cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, black pepper and sesame seeds. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles. Add chicken and mix well. Add green onions and cilantro and serve.