Bok Choy is healthy and delicious. This recipe for Sesame Shiitake Bok Choy Salad can be served as a vegetarian entree, a side dish, or even as a warm salad. Low in calories and fat, high in flavor, this recipe is bound to please.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 2-pound head bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add bok choy and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring often, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Stir in oyster sauce, sesame oil and salt.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Note: To toast sesame seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.