Sesame Snap Peas with Carrots and Peppers make for a simple, healthy side vegetable option. I love the colors in this dish! Each of these ingredients offer a delicious “snap.” I like to serve this when I have guests because it is such a pretty side dish and vegetable.
To make this into an entree, simply serve over some white or brown rice or a bit of pasta.
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat non-stick skillet with one tablespoon sesame oil.
- Add peas, bell pepper and carrot.
- Stir-fry cooking until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl; add soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sesame seeds and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve warm.