Shortbread cookies are indulgent, buttery treats. With just 3 ingredients, what’s not to like? Shortbread cookies are great with a cup of tea or served with ice cream, but I like them best straight out to the oven!
I usually make shortbread cookies as one of my holiday cookies, but they are great as an alternative to the chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies I usually make.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in flour. If dough is crumbly, mix in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes. The dough can even be cut with a knife into wedges or strips for interesting designs.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.