My son Keith made Shrimp Fra Diavolo for our dinner last night. Aside from the fact that it was very nice to be a guest for dinner in my own home, this was a really tasty Shrimp Fra Diavolo. This recipe is worth adding to my recipes.
Keith made this Shrimp Fra Diavolo quite spicy, but you can alter the amount of red pepper flakes to your own taste. We also used a full 2 lbs. of shrimp with one pound of linguine which gave this meal a super healthy dose of shrimp. You certainly can make this same recipe using one pound of shrimp.
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz. can of whole tomatoes, mashed
- 1 26 oz. jar of your favorite sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. of linguine (cooked – read package directions)
- 2 lbs. of large, frozen, raw shrimp – thawed, shelled, and tails removed
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook linguine according to package directions
- In another large pot, saute garlic in olive oil until golden
- Add mashed tomatoes, jarred sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add raw shrimp and cook until just pink
- Serve shrimp over linguine immediately
- Add grated Pecorino Romano cheese to taste