This gazpacho recipe offers a twist by adding shrimp. Some refer to it as Agua Chile, however, the shrimp in this recipe are cooked, not raw. The spice level can be altered to taste. Add a tablespoon of sour cream to cool it down if you’ve chosen to make it real spicy
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- fresh cilantro to taste – save some as a garnish
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- 1 lime – 1/2 lime as ingredient in soup, 1/2 lime garnish
- 3 tblsp of ketchup
- 2 cups of Clamato Juice
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion finely chopped
- 8 oz bottle of clam juice
- 1/2 lb. medium cooked shrimp
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Mix black pepper, garlic and fresh cilantro, and cayenne pepper together.
- Add 1/2 squeezed lime, ketchup, Clamado Juice, chopped tomatos and cukes and onions, clam juice, a pinch of salt and cooked shrimp.
- Chill for at least an hour
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired