If you are a cilantro lover, you will be making this recipe. It is delightfully quick and simple. The fresh ingredients make the flavors pop. You can serve this Shrimp in Cilantro Wine Sauce as an appetizer served with crusty bread, as a light meal served over salad greens or as a main course served over rice or pasta. This works any way you choose to serve it.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- leaves from 1 bunch of cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, lemon juice and the lemon zest and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the cilantro leaves and continue cooking until shrimp are white and orange (approximately 2-3 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and place in serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
- Serve with crusty bread.