This recipe for Shrimp Scampi is a perfect example of a quick and easy meal that ideal for entertaining. It has only a few ingredients, requires very little time and effort, and is super elegant.
Shrimp Scampi requires very little cooking or prep time. This shrimp scampi recipe is what I will be making on Saturday for my teenager’s birthday dinner.
- 1 1/2 pound medium fresh shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 4 oz butter
- 1/2 pound angel hair or linguini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute; do not brown.
- Add butter, wine, red pepper, salt and pepper and reduce by half.
- Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes until fully cooked.
- Transfer pasta to plate and top with shrimp mixture.