Sloppy Joes are a great. Kids love them and adults love them. Sloppy Joes are an easy make-ahead meal, they can be transported easily and brought to a party at someone’s home, and are ideal for a tailgating party.
This Sloppy Joe recipe can be made with ground turkey or chicken, even beef. Change it up a bit by serving it over rice or pasta. Or, make a salad with your favorite ingredients and top it with this delicious sloppy Joe recipe.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- In 2-quart saucepan, sautee onions, garlic, and green pepper in oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Cook over medium heat, until mixture starts to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot on hamburger buns.