- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons) or homemade chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Additional fresh thyme, lemon peel, and ground pepper, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender.
- Add rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until edges of kernels are translucent.
- Stir in wine. Cook about 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until wine is absorbed.
- Pour rice mixture into slow cooker.
- In 8-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave broth on High 2 minutes or until very hot. Pour into slow cooker. Stir in 1 teaspoon thyme, the salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours.
- Stir in cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Garnish with additional thyme, lemon peel and ground pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Betty Crocker