For those who like it spicy!
Ingredients and Directions
- Spread 1 cup fine mesquite wood chips in cast-iron skillet.
- Heat on high heat about 10 minutes or until wood chips start to smoke.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Place small baking rack on top of wood chips.
- Spread 2 tablespoons McCormick crushed red pepper flakes in small shallow disposable aluminum pan or foil muffin baking cup.
- Place pan on rack. Cover skillet with lid. (In order to keep the smoke in, lid should cover skillet tightly. If necessary, place aluminum foil over skillet first then cover with lid.)
- Smoke 30 minutes. Turn heat off. Let stand 1 hour or until cooled.
- Use with your favorite meat or poultry to add a delightful spicy, smokey flavor!