This Spanish Rice with Meat recipe is a great one-pot meal that is hearty and flavorful. I know that most will like this recipe best with ground beef, but I really like it made with ground turkey. Either way, it is delicious. Adding Rotelle really kicks up the spiciness. If you are not a fan of spicy, stick to the salsa.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa or Rotelle (if you like it spicy)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef or turkey until browned; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.