- 1 1/2 pounds medium zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 head dill (or a few sprigs)
- Wash and dry a pint-sized glass jar with airtight lid. I used a Mason Jar.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Place in jar along with the cloves of garlic. You might have to do a little squeezing and pushing to get them all in there.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and salt to a small saucepan. Set it over medium heat and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour over zucchinis and garlic in the jar. Top with dill, immersing it as much as possible. Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Open and serve.
- These keep 7-10 days in the fridge but some sources say refrigerator pickles can last up to a month or more.