- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 oz. baby spinach (or field greens)
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries sliced or quartered
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, add pecans, and toast until fragrant, about 10-15 minutes. Stir to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir in poppy seed dressing.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Add to salad.