This recipe for Sticky Chicken is very versatile. You can use chicken legs and thighs, breasts, or wings depending upon how you want to serve this. I use chicken legs and thighs and sometimes breasts when I am serving this as a main course. But wings make the perfect appetizer! These delicious sticky chicken wings are messy, but worth the clean-up.
- 3 -5 pounds bone-in chicken legs and thighs with skin (Can be done with wings)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 scallions cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place toasted sesame seeds and scallions in bowl
- In a sauce pot, combine ketchup, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder over medium heat.
- Bring it just to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in 9×13 dish. Pour entire amount of sauce over chicken, turning pieces with tongs to coat.
- Place in oven, uncovered, for 90 minutes, turning after 45 minutes.
- Fifteen minutes before cooking time is up, flip pieces once more and baste with sauce.
- Remove and toss in toasted sesame seed/scallion bowl and serve