This recipe for Strawberry Banana Muffins is a nice twist on the traditional banana muffins. I love to make these and serve them warm. The warm strawberry jam can’t be beat.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (very well mashed)
- strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas and milk. Add flour mixture a little at a time and continue to mix.
- Grease a flour 2 mini muffin tins and fill each cup 1/2 way. Make a little divot with your finger and scoop jam in (1/2 to 1 teaspoon).
- Cover jam with more batter and then smooth out with your finger.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and then use a butter knife to loosen and lift out muffins.