Strawberries are in the markets and can be used for more than desserts. Give this Strawberry Feta Salad a try. Tender leaf lettuce, tangy feta and sweet strawberries drizzled with strawberry vinaigrette make a delicious summer salad!
- 8 ounces leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh, sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- strawberry vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Toast the almonds: Put the almonds in a pan over medium heat stirring frequently until almonds are light brown.
Prepare the vinaigrette: Place olive oil, the 1/2 cup halved strawberries, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, basil, salt, and pepper in a small food processor. Blend until smooth.
Mix the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries, feta cheese, and toasted almonds. Serve with strawberry vinaigrette.