Three simple ingredients make this delicious strawberry jam. Fresh strawberries are in the stores now. Homemade strawberry jam is great on crackers, toast, ice cream – you name it.
- 1 pound fresh, ripe strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Rinse, hull and slice strawberries into thin slices. Add strawberry slices into a saucepan.
- Heat pan on the stove over high heat. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir well. Heat for about 15 minutes over high heat, stirring often.
- Test by putting a half a teaspoon of the jelly onto a very cold plate (Use a plate that has been in the freezer for a few minutes). Let it sit for a minute. Pick up the plate and turn it sideways – if the jam is runny, cook the jam for another couple minutes.
- Once the jam is done, turn off the heat and put the jam into a clean jar. Makes one 8 oz. jar.