These Sweet and Smokey BBQ Beans are delicious. They are a great dish to bring to a BBQ. Try putting them into a crock pot for transport and to keep them warm.
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (15.25oz) can S&W® Red Kidney Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can S&W® Pinto Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can S&W® White Kidney Beans (Cannellini), drained, rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towel, but leave drippings in the skillet.
- Add onion to skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, tomato paste and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beans, pepper and bacon; bring to a boil. Cover; simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Uncover; simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.