These Sweet and Sour Meatballs make a delicious party appetizer. Make sure when you make these for your next gathering that you make plenty. You will be shocked by how well they will be received.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups red chili sauce (or a 10-oz. jar)
- 1 1/4 cups grape jelly (or a 10-oz. jar)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, milk, egg, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form 1-inch balls and cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning often to brown all surfaces. Remove meatballs from skillet and place on a plate or tray, then cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Drain fat from skillet and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Add chili sauce and grape jelly to skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until jelly has completely melted and blended with chili sauce. Return meatballs to skillet and mix with sauce. Heat for about 5 minutes over medium heat until heated through. Serve warm with tooth picks and a small bowl of sauce on the side for dipping.