I am not a carrot fan though I always try to eat them…just in case they actually are good for your eyes. Therefore, I am forever in search of carrot recipes that will disguise their taste.
This sweet baby carrot recipe is one that makes carrots acceptable to a non-carrot lover. Those who like carrots tell me it’s a great recipe. I think the brown sugar and green onions provide such a different flavor that I forget I’m eating carrots.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 bunch of long green onions chopped or 2 chopped shallots
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbls of butter
- 1 Tbls of vegetable oil
- Clean and peel the carrots leaving the green leafy tops.
- Par boil the carrots for 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan sauté onions in the oil and butter for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook another minute.
- Plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.