- 6 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 17 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- In an 8- to 10-quart pot of boiling water, cook the sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the butter, cubed, in a large bowl. Use your fingers or a pastry blender to cut butter into flour until it clings together. Spread in a shallow baking pan and freeze until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel skin from potatoes, return to pot, and mash with a potato masher. Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of the butter, melted, marshmallow creme, vanilla, and salt. Spread mixture evenly in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Pile the frozen crumb topping over sweet potato mixture. Top with cranberries. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is lightly golden.
Bake the casserole as directed. Cover and let stand while turkey bakes. While turkey stands, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake, loosely covered, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens