This Mexican Taco casserole is Easy, Fun, Delicious!
- 2 Cups Corn Chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes, optional
- 1 1/4 Ounces Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper
- 15 Ounces Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 Cups Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives
- 2 Each Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Each Tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crushed corn chips into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat the refried beans on top of the stove until hot, then mix in 1 cup shredded cheese and 1-1/4 cups salsa; pour evenly over the corn chips.
- In a skillet cook the beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink; drain fat then continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add in taco seasoning and water; simmer for about 8 minutes over low heat, then season with salt and pepper; sprinkle the mixture on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top then the green onions and olives.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until just heated through.
- Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes on top.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.