Thai Cabbage Slaw is a light and refreshing salad. If you want to spice it up, add a 1/2 cup of shredded ginger and some red pepper flakes (to taste).
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinnly sliced red onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add cabbages, bell pepper, red onion, and carrot, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Stir in the peanuts, cilantro just before serving.