Thai Curry dishes can be delicious. I recently made my first Thai Curry dish after visiting and purchasing fresh spices from a local spice shop. I enjoyed this recipe. It was definitely a change of pace meal.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken or pork, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 knob of minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. Thai green curry paste (see notes below)
- 1 package frozen Asian vegetables
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 fresh cilantro sprigs
Thai Green Curry Paste:
- Mix 2 tbsp. Thai Green Curry powder (This blend contains galangal, two types of green chiles, cumin, coriander, shallots, garlic, cilantro, lemon grass, red Thai chiles, lampong pepper and kaffir lime leaves) with 2 tbsp. fish sauce (can be purchased in the Asian section of your local market).
- In a large bowl, toss cubed chicken or pork with turmeric until coated and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut milk over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Thoroughly mix in Thai Green Curry paste, add the quartered tomatoes and continue cooking over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients excluding the cilantro sprigs, stir thoroughly, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro and continue cooking, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice.