This recipe Thai Peanut Dressing is amazing! I made it to serve as a salad dressing and it made an ordinary salad, extraordinary!!
I have since made Thai Peanut Dressing and served it over hot linguini garnished with bean sprouts, cucumbers, and green onions – thus taking this Thai Peanut Dressing and turning it into hot Peanut Butter Noodles. Delicious! I then decided to use it to make cold Peanut Butter Noodles – – again – Delicious! The little bit of Thai Peanut Dressing that was left over we used as a dip for veges. This made a great, healthy, flavorful snack.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of cold water; set aside.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, white vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 cup warm water in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture; simmer until the sauce is thick, 1 or 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and mint leaves as desired.