Tomato, Feta, Cucumber Salad will get you in the mood for everything related to summer. This recipe is all about “fresh.” Cucumbers are popping up so they will be farm fresh. The thing that really makes this recipe pop is the fresh mint and lemon zest!
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- Cut tomatoes in half and place in medium-sized bowl. Add 1/2 of the mint, the salt, and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Mix and let leave at room temperature for about one hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine crumbled feta, lemon zest, remaining mint – Leave on counter at room temperature about one hour.
- Once marinated, cut cucumbers into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice green onions and chop olives
- Combine the tomato mixture, feta mixture, cucumbers, green onions, and olives in large bowl.
- Again, leave at room temperature.
- When you’re ready to serve the salad, whisk together the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and mix gently with salad ingredients.
- Taste and add more salt and/or pepper if desired.