Tuna Casserole is has many faces. Everyone has had a tuna casserole at some point and most of us have a favorite recipe for a tuna casserole.
This recipe for tuna casserole is one of my favorites. It is like a super creamy mac and cheese with tuna. Tuna is always something on my pantry shelf as are these condensed soups. In fact, I always have some kind of pasta in the pantry as well so it this is recipe that I often make when I don’t feel like running to the store or fussing much.
- 2 cups uncooked small macaroni or penne pasta
- 2 cans (5 oz) albacore tuna, drained
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) green peas
- 1- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can (6 oz) french fried onion rings (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- While macaroni is cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients (except onion rings) in a sauce pan over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni and combine with the sauce. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place onion rings on top. Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes until the casserole is bubbly and onion rings are toasted.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.