I will be making these delicious Turkey Meatballs with Chipotle-Honey Sauce for my Super Bowl get-together. Turkey meatballs are moist and tender and the sweetness of the honey is contrasted by the kick of the chipotle peppers in the sauce which makes these meatballs one of those things you can’t stop eating. I can’t wait. Delicious!
Here’s the recipe.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can (4 ounce) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine ground turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, adobo sauce and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and form turkey mixture into 48 meatballs. Place the meatballs on the baking sheets and cover with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- While the meatballs are chilling, make the sauce.
- In a food processor or blender combine honey, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chicken broth, tomato paste, lime juice, Dijon mustard and salt. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove meatballs from the refrigerator and lightly brush with vegetable oil. Bake both trays in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove the trays from the oven and place meatballs in a baking dish. Add Chipotle-Honey Sauce and brush the meatballs until they are coated.
- Bake another 12-15 minutes until meatballs are heated through and glazed with sauce.