Though we all look forward to an indulgent turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, by the time Thanksgiving is over, most of us are done with turkey. Even left-over turkey gets old. This wonderful recipe for Turkey Tortilla Soup is a great way to use your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers without feeling like you are eating turkey again.
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tomatillo
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 can garbanzo beans or 1 can kernel corn
- In a skillet, brown chopped onion in vegetable oil. Add ground turkey and brown thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth, salsa, tomato, tomatillo, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garbanzo beans or corn.
- Simmer for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, until soup is well heated.
- Serve with tortilla chips on side.