Spiced Sweet Potato Chips are a great alternative to french fries or potato chips. These Sweet Potato Chips are easy to make and are very flavorful. Feel free to alter the spices to taste.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, 12 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- With a mandoline (or by hand), cut the potato into very thin slices. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange the potato slices on the baking sheets in a single layer. Coat the slices lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until barely starting to brown. Turn the potato slices over and return to the oven. Bake until lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining potato slices, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cumin, sugar, chili powder, and salt. Pour over the chips and toss well before serving.