- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 3 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar or Swiss cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, but not brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and salt and pepper. Add the cooked onions and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and top with grated cheese. Bake until center is set and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Source: 12 Tomatoes