- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- In another large bowl, empty the yeast package, then slowly add the warm water, mixing with a fork to fully dissolve the yeast.
- When the yeast mixture forms some bubbles, add the mixture to the flour/salt, then add the three eggs.
- Mix the batter, then set the bowl on top of your refrigerator (or another warm place), cover with damp dish towel.
- After 20 minutes, check the dough for rising, mix again and let rise for another 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil to medium heat.
- Add the dough by the spoonful (about the size of 2 golf balls) Experiment with the first batch to make sure the oil is not too hot.