Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorite shrimp dishes. I usually serve shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta. I love this recipe for Zucchini Shrimp Scampi because it delivers that great scampi flavor but has far fewer calories.
You will need a “spiralizer” so that you can create your spaghetti-shaped zucchini. A spiralizer is inexpensive and can be used for zucchini, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips…etc.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium-sized zucchini (about 1 1/2 lb), spiral cut
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.